Looking to give your resume a face lift. The more mature workforce out there have either too much detailed information on their resumes or lack some of the new important tools out there.
Here a are a few tips that should be on your resume:
• Start your own blog. Give employers further insight on how you think and write. It can position you as an expert in your field. It’s a great place to highlight your knowledge.
• Get on Facebook and LinkedIn. These are great resources to connect and network with people.
• Get a great picture taken of you to post in social media. Real estate, professional speakers and entertainment should be the only applications to use your picture on your resume.
• Stick to the facts on your resume. I see resumes that go on way too long about trivial details. Hit the big facts and show your great skills. That will get my attention.
• Be sure to add current references. Nothing is worse when a employer checks your references and they are not valid . It will hurt your credibility.
• Never lie on a resume. It’s better to be honest than over exaggerate your skill set. For example, if you got hired and you can’t truly perform all the duties because you over sold yourself, you’ll be out of a job any way. Remember to be honest. Be yourself.