It is back to school time! Kids are packing up and returning to their everyday lifestyle of professors and game days. For the new college students, it means adapting to a new environment and trying to figure out what they need to do to make their future successful. They may feel anxiety or stressed about not knowing where everything is, tracking finances or simply where to find the textbooks they will need to survive their first college classes.
Baker Creative is here to help. We have complied a list of the apps we believe can be most helpful to students for their college life and for parents to help put them at ease. And these apps are all free on the iPhone!
- ShopSavvy (Barcode and QR Scanner) – This app allows you to scan a barcode on the item you want to purchase and find where to purchase it for the best price.
- Mint.com Personal Finance – With this app, you can create a budget, get reminders on when a bill is due and create categories to see where your money is going.
- Kindle – You do not need an expensive Kindle Fire or iPad to download this app, but if you have one, it is certainly a must! Here you can purchase most textbooks and books that are needed for class for less money. There are also newspapers and magazine subscriptions for pleasure reading.
- myHomework – An easy way to keep track of homework, test, assignments and even your classes. It has a very organized schedule that block out your classes so you don’t overbook.
- AroundMe – Find everything you want in the new environment your going to be living in for the next four years. Gas stations, banks, hospitals, restaurants and movie theatres are available at your fingertips.
- Graphing Calculator– Now, you can either purchase the free one or the $2.99 app, which is still much cheaper then a real graphing calculator. This calculator can help you in all those math classes that may stump you from time to time.
- MyFitnessPal– Since you will be away from home, it will be easy to eat whatever you want, whenever you want. With this app, your can track what you eat and log your exercises to make sure you stay healthy just the way mom would want.
- Grades 2 – The perfect app to make sure you keep your grades up, now that you are responsible for tracking that. Most college professors will not keep track of your grades or give you an update until it is time to submit them when the semester is over. This tells you what grade you will need on the next assignment to maintain an A and what your current GPA is.
- Pandora – Long walks to class? Need music to sleep? This is the perfect music app and it’s free!
10. Angry Birds – We will admit it. Your brain will need a rest and what can be more releasing then little green pigs that stole birds’ eggs.
There you have it, your college survival apps list. Good luck!
To find out more: Baker Creative